- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Ultimate size on M27 rootstock: 1.8 x 1.8m (6 x 6ft)
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Pollination Group: C - flowering mid-late season
A recent introduction that is proving popular for its heavy crop of bright red fruits, which have a firm, juicy flesh with just the righ balance between sweet and acid. Excellent for juicing and making cider. 'Katy' is a good pollinator for other apples in pollination group C (mid-season) and is excellent for juicing and making cider.
- Garden care: Keep the base of the tree weed free, fertilise at the beginning of each year and water regularly during hot, dry spells. Remove damaged or crossing branches during the dormant season.
- Pollination Information: This apple belongs to pollination group C, so you will need to plant one other different variety of apple to guarantee cross pollination, and a subsequent bumper crop. Ideally this should come from the same pollination group, however it is possible to use one from group B or D as well.