apple 'Bramley's Seedling'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Ultimate size on M27 roostock: 1.8 x 1.8m (6 x 6ft)
- Ultimate size on M26 rootstock: 3 x 3m (10 x 10ft)
- Ultimate size on MM106 rootstock: 5.5 x 5.5m (18 x 18ft)
- Flowering period: April and May
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: top quality culinary apples with juicy, white flesh (mid-October)
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Pollination Group: BT - flowering mid season, but this is a triploid so it will need two other pollinating partners
This vigorous, spreading tree is covered in pure white, cup-shaped flowers in mid- and late spring, followed by top quality cooking apples. It is a high yield variety producing fruits with a white flesh that are ready to harvest in mid-October.
- Garden care: Keep the base of the tree weed free, fertilise at the beginning of each year and water regularly during hot, dry spells. Remove damaged or crossing branches during the dormant season.
- Pollination Information: This apple belongs to pollination group B, but it is also a triploid (T) so you will need need to plant two other different varieties of apples to guarantee cross pollination, and a subsequent bumper crop. Ideally these should come from the same pollination group, however it is possible to use ones from group A and C as well.