Anemone Wild Swan ('Macane 001')
anemone Wild Swan - multibuy
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to November
- Flower colour: white with a blue reverse
- Other features: contact with the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Cut back the stalks after the flowers have faded, and tidy up old dead leaves in March. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring.
The winner of the 2011 Chelsea New Plant of the Year, this plant was discovered, and has been trialed for the last 10 years by Elizabeth MacGregor on her nursery in Scotland. It is believed to be a cross between early and late flowering forms (possibly A. rupicola & A. hupehensis), and the result is a plant which flowers intermittently from May to November. Each pure white petal has a distinct grey-blue streak along the reverse, so when in bud, or when the flowers nod and half close (in the mornings and evenings) the flowers look bluish, but when they are fully open they are a dazzling pure white. Ideal for the woodland garden or partially shaded bed, its long flowering period and pretty colouring is sure to make this new kid on the block very popular indeed.
There are currently no articles for this item.