Amaranthus caudatus 'Viridis'
Amaranthus caudatus Viridis
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Flower colour: lime fading to cream
- Hardiness: tender annual
Lime green flowers, which slowly fade to cream as they age, form form in tassel-like panicles that seem to drip from the branches in in summer and early autumn. An unusual-looking annual that that will provide an interesting feature in the summer bedding scheme. The flowers will hold their colour well after being cut and dried. Keep the plants well watered and feed regularly during the growing season.
- Garden care:Provide protection from frost and sow 1mm deep into good seed compost. When they are large enough to handle, thin them out and pot them on individually. Pinching out the growing tips will encourage bushier growth. After all frost has passed, gradually harden off and plant outside in a sunny, sheltered spot with rich soil. Allow at least 30cm between each plant. Keep the plants well watered and feed regularly during the growing season.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: July-October
- Approximate quantity: 300 seeds.
There are currently no articles for this item.