Alstroemeria (Planet Series) 'Neptune'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow growing to average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Flower colour: pinkish-purple to cream with chocolate splotches
- Other features: excellent cut flowers; contact with the foliage may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Pinkish-purple flowers, which are heavily flecked with chocolate coloured markings on their creamy-white inner petals, and lightly dappled on the outer tepals, look magnificent when planted with rich plums, purples and soft lilacs.
- Garden care: Newly planted Alstroemerias should be given a very generous 20cm (8") deep mulch of chipped bark in their first winter to help the plants become established. In subsequent autumns, provide a dry mulch of bracken or bark chippings will help protect the crowns. After flowering cut back the faded flower-stems, but make sure you always wear gloves when working with Peruvian lilies, as contact with the foliage may cause skin irritation.
- May cause skin allergy
There are currently no articles for this item.