Alstroemeria 'Neptune' (Planet Series)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow growing to average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Flower colour: pinkish-purple to cream with chocolate splotches
- Other features: excellent cut flowers; contact with the foliage may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Pinkish-purple flowers, which are heavily flecked with chocolate coloured markings on their creamy-white inner petals, and lightly dappled on the outer tepals, look magnificent when planted with rich plums, purples and soft lilacs.
- Garden care: Always wear gloves when working with Peruvian lilies since contact with the foliage may cause skin irritation. After flowering cut back the faded flower-stems. In autumn provide a dry mulch of bracken or bark chippings to protect young plants.
- May cause skin allergy