Alstroemeria 'Cahors' (Planet Series)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow growing to average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Other features: excellent cut flowers; contact with the foliage may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The larger outer petals of this gorgeous Peruvian lily are rose pink, but have magenta-pink flashes of and a touch of yellow, particularly towards the throat. The pink-tipped inner petals are a clear yellow, and are variously streaked with rusty brown markings. A very pretty combination of colours makes this summer-flowering perennial a must-have for the border.
- Garden care: Newly planted Alstroemerias should be given a very generous 20cm (8") deep mulch of chipped bark in their first winter to help the plants become established. In subsequent autumns, provide a dry mulch of bracken or bark chippings will help protect the crowns. After flowering cut back the faded flower-stems, but make sure you always wear gloves when working with Peruvian lilies, as contact with the foliage may cause skin irritation.
- May cause skin allergy
There are currently no articles for this item.