Ajuga reptans 'Burgundy Glow'
The fluid mix of cream, burgundy and rose-tinted leaves on this small ajuga take on extra vibrance in sun-baked positions
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A useful plant for the edge of a shady border, ajuga also makes good groundcover as it soon knits together to form an evergreen carpet. This one has multi-coloured, evergreen foliage with wine red splashes and cream margins and dense, upright spires of deep blue flowers in spring. Tolerates sun or shade and poor soils, but does not like to dry out.
- Garden care: To rejuvenate and minimise congestion, lift and divide clumps in late autumn or early spring every two years.
There are currently no articles for this item.