Agapanthus 'Queen Mum'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil (or John Innes no. 3 compost for containers)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to August
- Flower colour: white with a violet-blue base
- Other features: excellent as cut flowers
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need protection in winter)
Forming magnificent clusters of larger than average bi-coloured flowers from midsummer, this semi-evergreen African lily provides a striking feature in a pot, and looks very impressive when planted in broad swathes throughout the border.
- Garden care: Apply a balanced liquid fertiliser throughout the growing season. Keep reasonably dry during the winter and protect the crowns with a dry mulch in the autumn. Divide plants that have become too big in spring, but remember you will often get more flowers when the roots are constricted.
There are currently no articles for this item.