Agapanthus Double Diamond ('Rfdd')
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil (or John Innes no. 3 compost for containers)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Flower colour: dark blue
- Other features: bold clumps of strap-shaped, grey- green leaves, retained all year; excellent as cut-flowers
- Hardiness: frost hardy (will need protection in winter)
This dinky evergreen selection has double white flowers with pronounced yellow stamens. The flowers are held just above the low mounds of foliage on stems only 20cms tall. Its compact form makes it ideal for patio containers, the front of the border, or even a rockery.
- Garden care: Keep well-watered during the growing season, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month from spring until the plant flowers. Over-winter container-grown specimens in a cool greenhouse or conservatory, watering sparingly.
There are currently no articles for this item.