Agapanthus 'Bridal Bouquet'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil (or John Innes no. 3 compost for containers)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to August
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers; the flowers are followed by ornamental seed heads
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need protection in winter)
Flowering a little earlier than many other African lilies, this evergreen perennial is useful for prolonging the season. The pretty clusters of white flowers, which appear from midsummer will provide a striking feature in the planting scheme.
- Garden care: Keep well-watered during the growing season, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month from spring until the plant flowers. In cold, exposed areas protect the crown of the plant with a deep, dry winter mulch.
Mediterranean gardens can take on various guises from the rustic and rambling to the formal elegance of an Italian courtyard. However, they all have key features in common, including the use of exotic, sometimes tender, drought-tolerant plants in pots and...Read full article