- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained
- Rate of growth: slow to average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Flower colour: greenish-yellow
- Other features: green-and-white-striped branches
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Attractive green-and-white-striped bark that looks fabulous in winter and red-winged fruit in autumn. This lovely maple is grown for its gorgeously ornamental bark though it does have beautiful autumnal colours. A small tree with an arching habit that is suitable for most gardens.
- Garden care: Add a top-dressing of a multi-purpose fertiliser around the base of the plant in late spring. No routine pruning is required, just remove any dead, damaged or crossing branches in late autumn or winter when they are fully dormant.