Acer pseudoplatanus 'Brilliantissimum'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Flower colour: yellow-green
- Other features: clusters of red winged fruit in late summer
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Striking shrimp-pink leaves maturing to yellow-green and clusters of yellow-green spring flowers. This highly ornamental, spreading sycamore makes an excellent specimen tree. Smaller and slower growing than many other sycamores it is perfect for a small, sunny garden.
- Garden care: Add a top dressing of a multi-purpose fertiliser around the base of the plant in late spring. No routine pruning is required, just remove any dead, damaged or crossing branches in late autumn or winter when they are fully dormant.