- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: deep, fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: May to July
- Flower colour: pure white with purple bracts
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Prolific and easy to grow with upright flower spikes that bear white or pale pink flowers, each with green or a purplish hood in summer, above mounds of deeply divided foliage. The rigid habit of the flowerspikes make them ideal for creating vertical interest in the herbaceous border, and they also look good in more naturalistic planting schemes. Originating from open woodlands and scrub, this form is more tolerant of shade than most.
- Garden care: To minimise the risk of powdery mildew taking hold ensure that the plant is watered well during hot, dry spells. To rejuvenate and minimise congestion lift and divide large clumps in autumn or spring.