Abelia schumanii 'Bumblebee'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to October
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection in colder areas)
In late summer and autumn, the arching branches are laden with a mass of funnel-shaped, lilac-pink flowers, while in spring, the mid-green leaves emerge with a bronze flush. This is a wonderful deciduous shrub, that will put on a continuous display over several months, attracting beneficial insecvts and providing lots of late colour to the shrub border.
- Garden care: Deadhead regularly to prolong flowering. In autumn after flowering, lightly trim back the flowered shoots to retain a neat and tidy shape. Remove any dead or damaged wood in April. Protect from cold, drying winds.
There are currently no articles for this item.